Even when they are happy, some people hesitate to smile. Sometimes they cover their mouth with their hands. Their crooked or misaligned teeth embarrass them. That is when you need to see an orthodontist Parramatta. Orthodontists are dentists with advanced training in making your teeth move. They can realign your misaligned teeth into a straight smile with braces.
Braces are most often prescribed during early adolescence or childhood. The corrective braces do have a high success rate, and they leave you with several oral health benefits that go beyond a flawless smile. Nowadays, adults are also getting orthodontic treatments more frequently. In fact, 20% of people around the world with braces today are adults. If you think you or your family member can benefit from braces, it is better to know more about it sooner than later. This post will cover the signs indicating a person needs braces and info, which will help you decide how to proceed.
Telltale signs you need braces:
Braces have become common now, and the outcomes are mostly positive. For adults, the signs they need braces vary according to their overall dental health and age. Some signs that can indicate you need braces include:
- Difficulty flossing between crooked teeth
- Teeth that are visibly crowded or crooked
- Difficulty pronouncing certain sounds due to your tongue position under the teeth
- Frequently biting your tongue
- Jaws that make click noises when you chew
- Teeth that don’t close over each other when your mouth is at rest
- Fatigue or stress on your jawline while chewing
The reason for embarrassment in adults includes yellow or discoloured teeth, a simple professional teeth whitening Parramatta is all you need to fix it.
Signs that your child needs braces:
Kids need orthodontic treatment for many reasons, including overlapping, crooked, or overcrowding teeth or a bad bite. Poor nutrition during the toddler and infant age, genetics, and poor dental hygiene are all reasons why kids may end up needing braces. Your child’s pediatric dentist Parramatta will be the first person to notice problems during a regular visit and advise that you see an orthodontist. Some signs include:
- Jaw that makes an unusual noise or clicks
- Breathing through the mouth
- Late or early loss of baby teeth that are crowded or crooked
- Thumb sucking or using a pacifier
- Teeth don’t come together even when the mouth is shut completely
- Being prone to biting inside of the cheek or tongue accidentally
Whenever you are ready to pursue orthodontic treatment for your crowded or crooked teeth, you should schedule an appointment with your dentist. Keep in mind, as you age, your jawbones will continue to grow, which can cause an increased crowding of teeth. The sooner you act, the better.
Don’t delay any dental concerns, whether it is orthodontic treatment or teeth whitening Parramatta, book a dental appointment now.