One of the most common solutions for tooth replacement is dentures, and this treatment option tends to work for many people. They are used to replace large areas of missing teeth, and sometimes they are seen as a bother than a benefit. So, more and more people are making a switch from denture to dental implant in Parramatta as it’s permanent and durable. Moreover, you can talk and move confidently without worrying about slipping and shifting.
Common Problems with Dentures
Dentures are used to replace the entire top or bottom teeth and are held in place with the help of an adhesive. This is a temporary bond between the soft tissue and the bone, won’t be effective, and will result in loose dentures. So, dentures are considered to be a short-term solution that needs repeated placements. According to our dentist in Parramatta, dentures have a higher cost over the long term.
Why to Consider Dental Implants?
Unlike dentures, dental implant in Parramatta has none of the above issues and delivers benefits that dentures do not offer. Here we’ve listed a few reasons why one must consider dental implants over dentures.
- Unlike dentures that are held in place by an adhesive, dental implants are fixed to a titanium base that’s drilled into the jawbone. So, it has high stability, and you can talk or move around without slipping it out of your mouth.
- Dental implants are durable and considered to be a permanent solution. With careful oral hygiene and a commitment to a healthy lifestyle, dental implants will last for decades or even a lifetime.
- Dental implants are permanent fixtures, and you don’t need to take them out for bed or cleaning.
- Dental implants look more like natural teeth and blend well with your real teeth. You don’t have to take any extra effort to make them look real.
- Dental implants are comfortable on the gums and cause no pain where dentures are a little painful. Dentures are uncomfortable to wear because it often slips out of your mouth while talking, chewing, or laughing.
- When you get dental implants, you eat the foods you like without worrying about the ones that are harder or come with seeds.
How the Transition Works?
Before deciding to get a dental implant, talk to the experts of dental in Parramatta to assess you and check whether you are a suitable candidate for dental implants. If you have less jaw bone density, then your dentist will recommend a bone graft at least four or six months before placing the implant. During the dental implant procedure, a screw-like base is placed into the jawbone to act as the root and the realistic looking custom-made crowns are placed over it after the implants are healed.
Do you want to switch from dentures to dental implants? It’d be the best decision you can make for your oral health. Contact our professionals now.