“Smile is contagious! Remember your smile may transform someone’s day” These are some of the famous sayings about the smile. That appealing smile can be obtained only by proper oral care! Proper oral care is the key to avoid dental problems like tooth decay, gingivitis and tooth loss. Regular cleaning prevents all the oral issues and offers you the attractive smile you are longing for!
Dentist in Parramatta suggests brushing and flossing regularly to eliminate the plaque and bacteria contamination inside your mouth. Here are some points to know about the importance of brushing and flossing!
Is Flossing Essential?
A toothbrush can’t reach all the areas of your mouth. This allows the food to stay in the areas which were not cleaned; this permits the bacteria to grow in your mouth which affects your tooth enamel. This is where flossing comes in!
Tips For Brushing And Flossing:
Brushing must be done in circular motions with minimal pressure. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to get better results. Parramatta dentist recommends brushing the teeth thoroughly for two minutes which also includes massaging the gum line with the bristles of your toothbrush. Nowadays, electric toothbrushes are also available.
Floss daily, habitually at bedtime. Always employ 18 inches of floss. Bind most of the floss around the middle finger of one hand, remaining around the other middle finger. Gradually floss the curves of your teeth. Flossing ensures that your gum line is thoroughly cleaned!
Some Smart Tips!
- Replace your toothbrush for every four months
- Clean your brush thoroughly
- Don’t forget the back teeth while brushing and flossing
- Always floss the tooth in back-and-forth motion gently
- Use clean pieces of floss when you move from tooth to tooth
Dentist in Parramatta reveals the surprising facts of brushing and flossing:
- Brighter Teeth And Smile: Regular brushing and flossing eliminate the build-up of plaque which leads to stains. Proper brushing and flossing keep your smile healthy and bright!
- Controls Bad Breathe: Oral bacteria could create a bad odour in your mouth which feels unhealthy. Brushing and flossing regularly drive out the bacteria which causes bad breathe and decay!
- Healthy Gums: Brushing cleans your teeth and gums whereas flossing cleans the surfaces of both the teeth and gums thoroughly. Thus, both are essential in maintaining healthy gums. Unhealthy gums could cause serious oral issues which also affects your general health!
- Reduce The Risk Of Heart Attack And Stroke: Bacteria from your mouth have the potential to pass into your bloodstream which also surges the risk of getting a heart attack or stroke.
- Limits Diabetes: Gum disease resists controlling your blood glucose level. Proper flossing and brushing clean out the bacteria in your gum line and reduces the contribution of glucose in your blood level.
Good oral hygiene actually saves your money. Brushing and flossing are crucial in protecting your smile. Experience fresh breathe and healthy gums with regular cleaning and maintenance!
Regular dental check-ups and cleans in the Parramatta dental clinic along with perfect brushing and flossing practices helps to fight tartar build-up, cavities and gum disease!