A broken tooth can be distressing, as it affects your aesthetic appearance. This is also a dental emergency, which requires you to make an immediate appointment with your emergency dentist Parramatta to prevent further problems. The modern dentistry has answers to most of the dental problems using advanced technology. While a cracked tooth can be painful, some patients do not even know that their tooth is cracked. Wondering if you have a cracked tooth? Here is some professional suggestion from the dental clinic Parramatta to know if you have cracked tooth symptoms –
Cracked Tooth Signs
It can be hard to identify a cracked tooth. This is because most tooth fracture is not visible, they are mostly hairline cracks. The following warning signs along with proper x-ray or scan of your tooth can help your emergency dentist Parramatta to identify if you have a cracked tooth.
- Tooth Pain When Eating – This is often one of the main indicators which points that you have a cracked tooth. You might experience pain when you chew in a particular way or eat specific foods.
- Tooth Sensitivity – you will experience increased tooth sensitivity to hot or cold foods, as the cracked tooth can be susceptible to sweet and sticky foods.
- Recurrent Pain – When you have a cracked tooth, the pain is not persistent. Pain might rise and fall with cracked tooth. You will be asked to undergo a tooth filling to treat a cavity or dental abscess that necessitates a root canal treatment.
- Bump in Gum Line – If you notice bumps on the gum, it could be due to the tooth infection caused by cracked tooth. It is important to get to your dentist Parramatta right away, as it can lead to serious health problems.
What Are The Causes Of Tooth Cracking?
- If you had received a blow to the mouth or has experienced a trauma recently
- When you chew on hard objects like, hard candies, ice or nuts
- Teeth grinding problems, if this is the case, the dentists might prescribe a mouth guard to put on while sleeping
- Misaligned or crooked teeth, which can cause extra pressure on your teeth. You will be prescribed invisible aligner trays to help straighten you bite and avoid further cracking of tooth
- If you had a root canal treatment on a weak tooth, it is prone to cracks easily
- In case, you had undergone tooth filling, you are prone to lose a significant portion of your tooth to the restorative process
How to Prevent Further Damage of Tooth?
Once you notice these symptoms of cracked tooth, you must contact your emergency dentist Parramatta immediately. They will advise you on how to care for your broken tooth and alleviate pain and discomfort. Also, they will take necessary steps to minimise the risk of the crack getting worsened or developing infections. If your tooth has cracked or you need any other advice about your oral health, speak to dentist Parramatta now!