Our teeth are one of the most important and noticeable parts of the human body. There’s nothing more attractive and inviting that a bright and flawless smile. A majority of people will notice your smile first before anything else. Good oral care is necessary to ensure both your teeth and smile are healthy. This guide compiles some fun facts about teeth and dentistry Parramatta that you will enjoy learning.
Facts about Teeth You Should Know:
- The hardest substance you will ever find in a human body is the tooth enamel.
- People who consume soda every day will experience 62% more tooth decay, and even tooth loss.
- People who are right handed usually chew their food on their right side. Similarly, those who are left handed will chew food on their left side.
- Tooth prints are just like fingerprints in that they are completely distinct to every person.
- A person produces nearly 100,000 gallons of saliva in their lifetime! To give you more context, that is equal to 20 semi trucks of saliva.
- One of the most common results of improper dental hygiene is bad breath. This usually starts from the mouth.
- A survey suggests that over 61% of adults are attracted towards a person’s smile. If you have dental issues such as crowding, missing tooth, or crooked teeth, contact a Parramatta dental clinic for more assistance.
- The commercial floss was first introduced by Codman and Shurtleff in 1882. This was later acquired by Johnson and Johnson in 1965.
- Even though flossing is necessary, a section of the population don’t prefer doing so. Lack of flossing is also the reason behind losing nearly 40% of tooth surface. This is why dental professionals urge people to floss their teeth every day.
- Coconut is proven to be a great natural food that can minimise the risk of tooth cavities and gum disease.
- People who smoke two to seven times are prone to developing periodontal disease. This will further increase the risk of heart disease.
- Apple is one of those power foods that could reduce the chances of tooth decay by up to three times!
- Tooth cavities were filled using turpentine resin and stone chips in the early days.
4 Basic Tips for Oral Hygiene:
Now that you know some of the most interesting facts about teeth and dentistry Parramatta, it is essential to learn some of the most fundamental tips necessary for proper oral hygiene:
- Good oral hygiene starts with brushing twice a day. This prevents food particles from getting trapped between your teeth and prevent tooth decay.
- Flossing and using a good mouthwash are important.
- Stay away from harmful foods and drinks that are rich in sugar and unhealthy carbohydrates.
- Fluoride-based toothpaste and mouthwash are really good for your dental health.
When you experience any sort of dental issues, be sure to contact a qualified dentist in Parramatta for assistance. The expert will work with their team to provide you the best solution possible.